Covid-19 Updates & Self-Care during Lockdown
These are the guidelines I will be following on re-starting in-person treatments (updated 17th June 2020)
**CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT MUST BE READ BEFORE ATTENDING AN APPOINTMENT**
- Any 'soft' or unnecessary items have been removed, including blankets so you may wish to wear warmer clothing than normal, especially as I will be leaving doors and windows open where possible to ensure good ventilation
- Shoes, coats and any other belongings will need to be left in the designated area, and not taken into the treatment room
- I will be wearing a face mask if advised to, and will ask you to bring your own face mask or covering if required
- changes have been made to the treatment room and common areas to allow for increased cleaning and sanitisation between clients. Additional time will also be allocated for this between bookings
- All the necessary PPE and suitable cleaning products have been purchased
- I ask that you send me a text message upon arrival and wait in your car or in the porch until I have finished preparing and can open the door for you
- Hand sanitisers will be available for your use both in the porch and treatment room
- Contactless payment is preferred where possible
- You will be required to complete a screening survey before arrival. This will be emailed to you 24hrs ahead of your appointment.
- I will be checking my own temperature each morning and cancelling appointments if I or any of my family feel at all unwell
Coronavirus Update - 20th March 2020:
I have been notified by CNHC that in the light of recent Government guidance on social distancing, hands-on therapies should cease with immediate effect.
This is such a difficult decision to take for small business owners like me, given the impact it will have on our livelihoods, but CNHC (and I) believe it is the right thing to do to assist in stemming the spread of coronavirus which can be transmitted by those who do not develop any symptoms. Safeguarding the health of my clients, my own health and that of my family is paramount.
Any vouchers held will be extended by the length of time I am closed for.
Wellbeing account holders are free to either cancel or continue their standing orders and I will keep a log of your balance as usual.
If you wish to set up a wellbeing account while you’re not paying for treatments a standing order can be set up for a monthly amount of your choice, contact me for account details. I keep a tally of how much is in your account and you receive a 10% discount on any treatments paid for from your saved funds.
I’ll update this page again when it’s looking like I can start treating again. In the meantime stay safe, keep smiling and enjoy the extra time to clear those to do lists. And for those of you busy working to look after us all thank you 🙏 You are awesome!
Fancy some pampering?
I’ve put together some Vegan Spa Packs to help you get that spa feeling at home.
Each pack costs £12.50 and includes:
1 x VOESH New York Pedi in a Box, comprising 4 sachets in your choice of delightful fragrances (Lemon Quench, Lavender Relieve, Mango Delight, Vitamin Recharge, Chocolate Love or Eucalyptus Energy)
1 x Natura naturally infused sheet face mask (choose from Calming & Hydrating Rose, Blemish Control Herb, Plumping & Firming Multi-grain, or Anti-ageing Avocado)
Packs can be picked up from my porch when you’re next out for your exercise or groceries, or I can deliver to your doorstep if you’re self-isolating.
Here’s how to use them for a wonderfully relaxing and beneficial treatment, either on your own or as part of a mother-daughter pamper session:
1) Add the Salt Soak sachet to a bowl of warm water and have some towels to hand plus one on the floor for the bowl to sit on. Soak feet while you sit back and breathe in the lovely aroma.
2) Lift one foot out and massage half of the Sugar Scrub sachet to the entire foot and lower leg to exfoliate and leave the skin beautifully smooth. Rinse and repeat on the other foot and leg.
3) Do the same with the Mud Masque sachet, but leave on for 5 minutes before rinsing. This is the perfect time to cut and file the nails if you wish to.
4) Once rinsed and dried, massage the Massage Butter from the final sachet onto both legs and feet. There’s loads, so use any excess to soften the hands and arms too.
5) Optionally wipe the nails with a damp cotton pad and paint with your favourite nail polish. If you don’t have any you can choose from any of my OPI colours (contact me for a photo showing what’s available) for £4.50 each as I‘ll be replacing all these items when I’m up and running again.
6) Time for a lie down! Open the Natura sheet face mask, holding it over a towel to collect any drips, and unfold it. Place it on your cleansed face, adjusting the eye, nose and mouth holes to suit your face. Flatten against your skin where any air bubbles have formed.
7) Let the mask work it’s magic for 15 minutes or longer while your mind goes off to its happy place. Remove the mask and massage in any remaining product.
EMAIL ME to request a spa pack
CLICK HERE to book a distant Reiki treatment or online Reiki course during social distancing
Meditation Group & Online Training
If you’d like to join my private Facebook group I’m posting regular meditations and visualisations for calm and focus in these unsettled times. The link is HERE
Although not able to treat or teach at the moment, I’ve finally had the time to put together a Reiki Master course, 50% of which can be completed in the comfort of your own home until we are able to get together for the face-to-face part.
I have also put together a 4-week online Reiki course, allowing you to to learn and channel Reiki for yourself and loved ones, including those not able to be with you. Click here to be taken to my Training Courses page.